Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarryE
Paper Tape
Views: 15,228
Message 1 of 48

HDMI connection not working with a new Z570 and a BenQ monitor

I have just bought a Z570 with the intention of attaching it via HDMI to a BenQ VW2420H monitor. Unfortunately I can not get the laptop to recognise the HDMI connection to the monitor. I have changed the cable so it is not that. The monitor just says there is no signal. I had assumed that Windows 7 would recognise the new hardware and if it did not have the device driver it would "ask" for it. (The Windows 7 compatibility site says that it should install automatically anyway).

So what is wrong ? Does the HDMI port need to be switched on in some way.

Thanks for any help.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 15,173
Message 2 of 48

Re: HDMI connection not working with a new Z570 and a BenQ monitor

plug the cable before starting-up your computer and switching your tv on.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
BarryE
Paper Tape
Views: 15,171
Message 3 of 48

I did that ... and I've just retried to make sure I remembered correctly. So it is not that. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else got an idea ...?

BarryE
Paper Tape
Views: 15,064
Message 4 of 48

I've got a little further. I think it is at the BenQ end as I got a lot further with Sony Bravia TV. I suspect I will have to install a BenQ (VW2420H) driver.

I assume there is not a difference between a TV and a monitor connected via HDMI as far as the Z570 is concerened ?

I found at the Windows 7 compatibility site it said that it should recognise the BenQ monitor, which I guess it did for VGA, but possibly not for HDMI.

I will contact BenQ ...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 15,057
Message 5 of 48

please, post back the results.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
BarryE
Paper Tape
Views: 15,038
Message 6 of 48

Apparently, and I quote from BenQ " ...unfortunately some of our monitors are not compatible with with certain sources ...", in this case my Z570. I am in the process of returning it to my supplier. Now I need to look for any monitor that works.

Anyone any ideas ? Around £200, 24".  I can go off reviews, but that did not help in the BenQ case. Are liyama monitors compatibly ?

... and there was me thinking HDMI had settled down and was working. Wrong it seems.

ksakhare
What's DOS?
Views: 14,837
Message 7 of 48

I've the same proble with lenovo ideapad Z570. I've Dell's 20 inch monitor and I used two different cables but HDMI is not working. I think its Lenovo's genuine problem

fridge
What's DOS?
Views: 14,801
Message 8 of 48

Hi,

Were you able to fix this problem. I am also unable to connect the laptop Z570 via HDMI cable to Sony Bravia TV!!! Any suggestions?

Nas

shanwookie
Paper Tape
Views: 14,750
Message 9 of 48

I have Two Dell S2409Wb HDMI 24" Widescreen LCD Monitors. I get no signal from my IdeaPad Z570 on each monitor. Both monitors work with my ASUS 1201NB, My MacBook Pro (with adapter) and my Apple TV.

Based on what I am seeing there is a problem with this model and the HDMI not working. I am going to have to return mine if there is no solution.

bmwang
What's DOS?
Views: 14,696
Message 10 of 48

Anyone from Lenovo able to shed any light on this  yet?  Waste of my time and their support site is terrible  . . .the automatic driver download/install didn't even work with IE9 which was the browser that came shipped with the laptop.  Annoying.  This is why people are migrating to Macs . . because "it just works".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors