Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techno_plug
Blue Screen Again
Views: 348
Message 1 of 3

HDMI stopped working after BIOS upgrade

I have Lenovo Z70-80 laptop which had BIOS version ABCN32WW. I've decided to upgrade BIOS to the latest version (ABCN96WW) and the upgrade procedure went without problems. However, as soon as the restarted I've noticed it doesn't output anything on my external monitor connected via HDMI until it boots to Windows after which I get the picture on the monitor. I've tried to downgrade BIOS version to the oldest available version (ABCN73WW) but I still don't get HDMI output.

At this point I'd just like to downgrade to the original BIOS version ABCN32WW but I can't find any downloadable file to do so and currently I'm stuck with no HDMI output until laptop gets booted to Windows which is really frustrating.

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 322
Message 2 of 3

Re: HDMI stopped working after BIOS upgrade

Wow a big jump. I guess you don't keep it current. You had better start from scratch and be certain everything else is updated.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

techno_plug
Blue Screen Again
Views: 310
Message 3 of 3

Re: HDMI stopped working after BIOS upgrade

To be honest that makes no sense. If BIOS upgrade was available for download it should've been tested before put online and GPU is definitely not something you can change after you buy laptop which means BIOS was supposed to support, how many in total, 2-3 GPUs (Intel's integrated, Nvidia 840M, and maybe one more) available in Z70-80 laptops.

I've been in computer business as both hardware engineer and software developer for over 20 years and this is the most stupid thing that happened to me regarding BIOS upgrade (apart from BIOS upgrade failures which usually almost bricked PCs something like 15+ years ago when BIOS upgrade procedure was still 50-50 chance it'll work).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors