cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austin165
What's DOS?
Views: 175
Message 1 of 2

HELP I get error message when I try to update my Nvidia drivers!

I have recently purchased the Ideapad y510p notebook, with dual graphics cards. Every time I try to update my drivers for my video cards I get this:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This is extremely alarming to me, as I had the same error message with my old computer. I run Windows 8.1, and I need this fixed. 

First, what does the error mean, and how can I fix this??

Thank you!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 164
Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP I get error message when I try to update my Nvidia drivers!

hi Austin165,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error may refer to a buggy device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

Source:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957609.aspx

The error may also refer to a faulty hardware but since the error happens while updating the video driver, this is most likely a driver issue. 

Just to verify, did you get the video driver from Windows Update,  Lenovo website, or from the Nvidia website?

Things that you can try:

1. Temporarily turn off any running antivirus software before updating the video card driver

2. Try using the official lenovo driver first and see if the update pushes through (see this link).

3. Remove any instances of the the Nvidia Driver first from the Control Panel (large icon view) > Programs and Features and reboot (this will force Windows to use a generic display driver). After the reboot, try installing the official lenovo display driver (see Step 2) and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals