IT

1 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 2

HELP! Probable mess during screen replacement Y50-70

2019-10-03, 8:49 AM

Hello everybody,

I think this is the best place where describe my problem. I propably messed up something... I just wonder what...

I was updating my laptop, I changed the hdd, the ram and last bit was to replace the display. I put off the old screen correctly, but then I was not able to connect correctly the new one (it is 100% compatible).

After some trials I unfortunately ruined some pins. The problem is that when I was trying to connect the new screen I turned on the laptop to check if it started, and of course it did not.

And then I clearly have seen some very little spark in the connector of the display and a very little smell of burning.

Now the situation is the following: there is no display connected of course, the lapton is turning on normally, the power led turns on when I push it and the keybord is actually working, that means that I have feedback when I push the caps lock or the red leds...

So may I exclude that the motherboard is damaged?

It could be just the lcd cable that got damaged/broken during my replacement operation?

Very important: I tried to connect the laptop via hdmi to an external monitor but nothing happens...

What do you think it happened?

Thank you

Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP! Probable mess during screen replacement Y50-70

2019-12-24, 14:06 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums marcop06!

Sorry for the delayed response, just joined here recently and noticed your post.

Do you still need assistance about this concern?

You can use this link to see the list of available service providers in your area for the device to be fixed as this may seem to be a possible hardware failure especially on the display/screen itself.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save