cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoneWolffe
Token Ring
Views: 439
Message 11 of 32

Re: Has anyone upgraded Z70-80 to Windows 10 x64?

Thanks so much for giving your feedback regarding your experience. I think that, before I attempt the upgrade myself, I'm still going to wait to hear a few more good stories. Smiley Happy

"There's no such thing as a foolproof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow." @LoneWolffe
mmdlcab
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 12 of 32

I have a question for folks out there that may have upgraded to Windows 10 as I did.  I did as the folks above mentioned and created a DVD of the windows 10 upgrade and let it run.  all seems well and good with the upgrade, but......

I noticed on the Lenovo support site that there are newer version windows 10 drivers available for download for my Z70-80.  i checked each and every version number against what is installed on my machine.

So, lets download those drivers and install them, right???  Not so fast.  Every time i try to download the drivers, and the website calls up the Lenovo support Bridge or whatever the darn thing is called, it just sits and spins.  No downloads, no nothing.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the LSB i dont know how many times and it's always the same thing.  Is there a way to download the drivers *without* using the LSB???  Or, what the heck do i need to do to get LSB to work and download the drivers.  It does not give any failure message or anything, it just sits and spins forever.  I'm out of ideas?  Anyone?  

Thanks in advance

CAB

LoneWolffe
Token Ring
Views: 411
Message 13 of 32

Hey there! Did you trydownloading from this page? Choose Windows 10 x64 from the dropdown list, wait for the page to refresh, then click on the link. When I click on the link, it doesn't take me anywhere else, just downloads the file. Maybe you're getting at it from a different page? I found this page at Official Lenovo Support Home/Laptops/Lenovo Z Series Laptops/Z70-80 Laptop (Lenovo) - Downloads. I hope this helps.SS.1439910877.jpg

"There's no such thing as a foolproof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow." @LoneWolffe
mmdlcab
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 14 of 32

Thanks LoneWolffe. yes, that is the page I download from. The first thing it wants to do is download the of the Lenovo Service bridge. I've gone thru uninstalling LSB, and letting that page download and install LSB again, and then i'm back to just sitting there and spinning with no download. I appreciate the help, but maybe I'm getting something different than what you see. I've tried to do this both with my Lenovo laptop, and my work laptop (a dell) and it does the same thing. Of course on the dell the LSB wont install.
thanks
CAB
LoneWolffe
Token Ring
Views: 400
Message 15 of 32

Seeing as LSB seems to be the issue, I wonder if there is a way to get directly to your product page without it. I wish I could help further, sorry.

mmdlcab
Paper Tape
Views: 392
Message 16 of 32

Looks like I found the solution.  (in my best Homer Simpson) DOH!!!!  I dont know why i didn't think of this sooner.  Each of the downloads on that page has a link and that link leads to more information about that particular driver.  On that more information page, there is also a download link that does not require the LSB tool to download.  Bingo!  Drivers downloaded.  Now to go home tonight and load them one by one and make sure nothing breaks!  Wish me luck :-)    

Thanks for the help

CAB.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 383
Message 17 of 32

Yeah, good luck.

What BIOS do you have. I didn't install the latest one yet. I am not sure the tool will work after Win10 is installed. Lenovo did not reply to my question in a separet thread.

Just because they release something doesn't mean its good and not buggy or a broken update. Seen that a number of times.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

LoneWolffe
Token Ring
Views: 381
Message 18 of 32

Smiley Very Happy glad you figured it out! Please update us if your laptop explodes or something!

ddinin
Paper Tape
Views: 369
Message 19 of 32

Yes everthing works except Veriface facial recognition software . Lenovo said an update is coming but no date. Also Lenovo Solution center shows HP printers disabled even though they are not.

LoneWolffe
Token Ring
Views: 362
Message 20 of 32

Thank you so much for joining the conversation! It makes me happy to see another success story, so I might be one step closer to upgrading my own machine.

Please tell us, what method did you use to upgrade to Windows 10? Did you click "Upgrade this machine" or did you install some other way? Also, how were updates handled? There are a number of drivers for download, but I'm wondering if these were automatic or if you had to install them yourself.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors