Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeH
Paper Tape
Views: 409
Message 1 of 7

Help! Incredibly Strange Issue With My Laptop

I got a second hand Lenovo y510p( i7-4700mq, 16gbs RAM, Dual GeForce GT 755m SLI) laptop recently and reinstalled windows 10 pro on it because it was stuck in a boot loop after I attempted to factory reset it but I forgot to put the charger in and the battery died in the middle of it.( I have no idea if this issue affected the Laptop before I reinstalled the OS because I instantly tried to reset it once I got it) After using it for 30 minutes the screen goes black and it completely shuts off as if the battery had been pulled out. This happens every time at exactly 30 minutes. I have no idea what might be causing this so any help with the matter would be appreciated. The problem is definitely not heat related and it even happens in the BIOS. I tried updating the BIOS but that didn't help, I tried resetting the RAM but that didn't work and I also tried cleaning out the fans just in case it was a heat related issue (Even though I'm almost 100% sure it isn't) but that didn't help. I am completely out of ideas so any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Guru
Views: 355
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help! Incredibly Strange Issue With My Laptop

Check your power plan. Probably your laptop enters hibernation mode.

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

JakeH
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 3 of 7

No thats definitely not it. It's not shutting down normally. It's as if I had pulled the battery out

Guru
Views: 349
Message 4 of 7

I assume you are using the AC plug, right? Or else it could be a faulty battery

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

JakeH
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 5 of 7

Yes I am.

Guru
Views: 344
Message 6 of 7

Try to run a benchmark tool or something that will stress out the CPU and the GPU and see if the laptop shuts down faster than 30 minutes. If yes then it is an overheat issue

JakeH
Paper Tape
Views: 337
Message 7 of 7

It's definitely not heat related. It happens after exactly 30 minutes, every time, no matter what load it is under. It even happens in the BIOS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors