cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
y_char
Paper Tape
Views: 1,736
Message 1 of 8

Help~~~Y530 wifi problem. When transferring big file to my server. The wifi connection dropped

Hello everybody,

I have 2 notebooks and one server in my house.  One of my notebook is Y530 and the other one is Samsung u10.  The wifi connection dropped 10 out of 10 times when I copy large size file(600MB) to my home server with my Y530.  At first, I thought it was my wireless router problem.  So  I used my Samsung U10 and copy the same file to the server and this U10 copied the whole file to the server without any problem.  So I called Lenovo support and they said it is normal for a wireless line dropped off when transferring large data ~~~~~

Is there any Y530 user here and encountered the same issue??  Pls help

By the way, I have already un-installed the ReadComm and set the aggressive mode to low.  The issue still persist~~~~

><

Retired Guru
Views: 1,727
Message 2 of 8

Re: Help~~~Y530 wifi problem. When transferring big file to my server. The wifi connection dropped

You should install the latest driver from Intel.

Vista x86

Vista x64

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
y_char
Paper Tape
Views: 1,709
Message 3 of 8

Re: Help~~~Y530 wifi problem. When transferring big file to my server. The wifi connection dropped

HI,

Downloaded and installed. The only difference is the transfer rate boost up in a signaificant figure~~~~~

But the wireless connection still drop off after certain amount of data beng transferred to the server~~~

Tried my Samsung Netbook to copy same file to the server again, no problem~

Really frustrated~~~ >.< 

Retired Guru
Views: 1,684
Message 4 of 8

Try chkdsk of disk containing file - maybe filesystem is corrupted somehow...

Do other files of same size copy normally from your Lenovo laptop?

Message Edited by skripatch on 03-09-2009 12:27 PM
//help will save the world
y_char
Paper Tape
Views: 1,675
Message 5 of 8

Do other files of same size copy normally from your Lenovo laptop? <--- not even one can make in one time, not even one >.<

Try chkdsk of disk containing file - maybe filesystem is corrupted somehow... <----Actually, I have isolated every possibilities, I plugged in an usb thumb drive which contain the "testing big file "into this Y530 and copy the big file inside the usb thumb drive to my server.  No luck~~~~~ >.<
Retired Guru
Views: 1,662
Message 6 of 8

Files of which size are copied normally?
y_char
Paper Tape
Views: 1,646
Message 7 of 8

I aint sure.  As long as the file transfer time lasted longer than 5 mins.  It dropped off.

I kept trying transfer big files from the  netbook to server, notebook to server by using ftp and file manager these couple days.  Obviously, this Y530 is having difficulty to complete the copy process.~~~~~~~~

I am beginning to regret to choose this notebook~~

Message Edited by y_char on 03-10-2009 06:46 PM
Retired Guru
Views: 1,635
Message 8 of 8

Try reinstalling last driver for WiFi for Intel; disable or even uninstall security software; try testing memory with memtest 86+

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors