Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aborida
Paper Tape
Views: 496
Message 1 of 2

Hey I have a WiFi adapter (Intel n 2200) problem on z580 windows 8 x64

Sometimes when I start up my laptop the wifi adapter fail to start 
i go to device manager and it have a yellow triangle with (!) on it i try to disable then enable it again the windows crash 
so i had to press the shut down bottom to turn the laptop off and on again
and sometime before the laptop starts up it tells me ((( Unauthorized wireless card is plugged in. Power off and remove it)))))
Please Help me note>>> the problem is does not happens every time 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 453
Message 2 of 2

Re: Hey I have a WiFi adapter (Intel n 2200) problem on z580 windows 8 x64

hi aborida,

If this is the original Intel Wireless N2200 that came with the PC, can you try to:

1. Reboot the computer and repeatedly tap F2 to boot into the BIOS, when you're in, press F9 to load BIOS to defaults and press F10 to save and exti BIOS.

2. If you get the same error, try to Access the Startup Settings and choose Disable driver signature enforcement - if this fixes the problem, it's probably due to a not digitally signed driver, try to follow this guide.

If the above steps doesn't work, the BIOS might be blacklisting this wifi adapter as discussed in this thread or simply getting defective (you will need to contact lenovo for service to get this wifi card replaced).

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors