Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StonieMalony
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,599
Message 1 of 5

Hey, question about my new IdeaPad z50-75 (AMD fx-7500) - cpu do not clock up

Hello everybody Smiley Happy

I just got couple of days old Lenovo IdeaPad z50-75, running on AMD FX-7500 Smiley Happy really happy just few things Smiley Happy

First I jsut now noticed that my CPU runs at 1.07 Ghz, before it was always over 2 Ghz or so which was good ... but maybe I touched something somewhere in powr settings or something and now it stays on 1.07 even when cpu pretty much utilised. I have set power plan to high performance and also Energy manager is set to high performance mode and Conservation mode is on ... what's the holdup ? why it doesnt clock itself up ? I feel that it is slower than before ... so any hints what might cause this.

Thankful for any hints or ideas.

StonieMalony

StonieMalony
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,594
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hey, question about my new IdeaPad z50-75 (AMD fx-7500) - cpu do not clock up

more, I looked at setting under CPU power in catalyst control center and also in there everything seems to be in order ... also when cpu is fully (100%) utilised still no upclocking takes place.

any more place to look for what's wrong ? I looked into bios and I didnt find anything that might do the trick, really bugger me this 1100 on my system monitor gadget Smiley Happy help me to get my laptap back to above 2 Ghz and I will be happy again Smiley Happy

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,590
Message 3 of 5

Re: Hey, question about my new IdeaPad z50-75 (AMD fx-7500) - cpu do not clock up

I don't have a similar unit like yours but try not using conservation mode in conservation mode and see if you can now have what you expect.

StonieMalony
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,583
Message 4 of 5

Worked, cpu speed is nicely moving between 2 and 3 Ghz, I am happy Smiley Happy

just some other errors appear (nothing major) but I use System Monitor II gadget to follow situation with my lappy and I use CoreTemp to monitor temperature of CPU but after setting conservation mode off and booting speed was okay just System monitor II gadget informed me that reading coretemp librarys that there's somekind of error Smiley Happy ... so now I will not see temp on my gadget but coretemp is still present taskbar ... not a big thing ... just strange Smiley Happy

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,578
Message 5 of 5

@StonieMalony wrote:

Worked, cpu speed is nicely moving between 2 and 3 Ghz, I am happy Smiley Happy

just some other errors appear (nothing major) but I use System Monitor II gadget to follow situation with my lappy and I use CoreTemp to monitor temperature of CPU but after setting conservation mode off and booting speed was okay just System monitor II gadget informed me that reading coretemp librarys that there's somekind of error Smiley Happy ... so now I will not see temp on my gadget but coretemp is still present taskbar ... not a big thing ... just strange Smiley Happy

Glad to hear you got it fixed. You can also use HWINFO to monitor the temperature. It is advisable not to use gadget anymore due to security reasons.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors