Highlighted
OldStinky
What's DOS?
Views: 177
Message 1 of 2

Hotkey ability lost, P400 replaced HHD

I have a-

P400 Touch Laptop (ideapad)-Type 6280 Machine Type Model- 6280017
 product- 20211 Serial- ********** BIOS- 71CN51WW(V1.21)

Upon HHD replacement, lost use of hotkeys (most important- no lighted keypad, very low screen brightness, & low volume).

Though I have downloaded Lenovo Service Bridge,& Lenovo Solution Center, these do not check for presence of hotkey ability, or (possibly) other Lenovo assistance programs.  How could I re-install missing files? (especially Hotkeys)

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 164
Message 2 of 2

Re: Hotkey ability lost, P400 replaced HHD

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

With the P400 model, Hotkey functionality is part of the Lenovo Energy Management application.  If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8 as your operating system then just install the application from the link below. 

Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bit......

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/IDEAPAD-P-SERIES-LAPTOPS/IDEAPAD-P4...

Windows 8 - 64 bit only......

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/IDEAPAD-P-SERIES-LAPTOPS/IDEAPAD-P4...

If you are using Windows 10 then you will have to install the Lenovo Energy Management application in Windows Compatibilty Mode. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors