Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsmeiswear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 218
Message 1 of 3

Hotkey registration

I want to assign hotkeys in a program that I installed on the Y70. When I try, the program (Winamp) tells me it can not because "another program has already registered" those keys.

The keys are:

Ctrl+Alt+Up Up

Ctrl+Alt+Down

Ctrl+Alt+Left

Ctrl+Alt+Righ

Lenovo has these assigned these screen rotation, which I do not currently need or want, especially they;re going to take over such prime realestate.

How can I unregister those keys?

Thank you.

itsmeiswear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 204
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hotkey registration

I've found that it is the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel has registered those hotkeys.

There is an option to disable the hotkeys, so that they don't function, but they are still registered and unavailable to other programs.

Even after ending the task in Task Manager, those keys are still reserved.

In the HD Graphics Control Panel, you can redefine those hotkeys, but there doesn't seem to be any way to not define a hot key at all to those rotation functions. And all hotkeys must begin with Ctrl+Alt.

The hot keys....

Ctrl+Alt+F1

Ctrl+Alt+F6

Ctrl+Alt+F8

Ctrl+Alt+F11

Ctrl+Alt+F12

...are also predefined to functions that I would rarely use. But I use Ctrl+Alt to define hotkeys in many other programs, so I still need to find a way of reclaiming them from Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

I can't very well uninstall the driver.

Anyone?

itsmeiswear
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 192
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hotkey registration

Figured it out.

Intel HD Graphics control Panel can be disabled in using msconfig, on the Services panel.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors