Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saifmomin13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 590
Message 1 of 3

How can I activate Intel Virtualization on my Y500 IdeaPad

Hello,

I want to enable virtualization on my lenovo 3000 Y500 with intel pentium dual core inside 1.73 GHz processor [I have checked it on intel website that it supports virtualization] http://ark.intel.com/products/29740/Intel-Pentium-Processor-T2080-1M-Cache-1_73-GHz-533-MHz-FSB

I have upgraded to windows 8.1 pro 32bit from windows vista [Was already installed when i bought it].

Some extra info that i collected is as follows-

BIOS Type:      Phoenix
BIOS Date:      May 17th, 2007
BIOS ID:          NAPA0001.86C.0059.D.0705170855
BIOS OEM:      v2.06
Chipset:           Intel 27A0 rev 3
SuperIO:          Unknown
Manufacturer:  No Enclosure
Motherboard:   LENOVO3000 Y500

I tried to find out the option to enable in BIOS under advanced tab but didn't find anything even similar to it.

Please let me know if any new versions are availabe so i can update it.

Thank You.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 569
Message 2 of 3

Re: How can I activate Intel Virtualization on my Y500 IdeaPad

Hi,

You don't see the option as described in this KB?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/How-can-I-activate-Intel-Virtualization-on...

If it's there and you enable it, do a BIOS save and exit, and then a full power-off, power-on reboot.  Without the cold reboot VT won't be seen by the OS or software.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

saifmomin13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 555
Message 3 of 3

Re: How can I activate Intel Virtualization on my Y500 IdeaPad

No I don't see any option for enabling it in the BIOS

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors