cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
random68934
Blue Screen Again
Views: 23,571
Message 11 of 15

Re: How can I disable usb power during standby / sleep mode?

I actually already tried plugging it into a different port and all of them are the same. They all give power in standby mode. But a correction they do not still give power when the computer is turned off.

Heres another thing.

In the devices and printers area if I right click on my unifying reciver or my headset, click on properties, click on the hardware tab, click on properties, then click on change setting, and click on the power management tab, the option that says "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is grayed out. This again is for the two device that show up there. I just wanna cut power to my chill pad when it goes into standby.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help with this. I have done some searchin on google and I am not the only one with this problem. I will try to email the motherboard manufacturer and if they give me a solution I will post it on here. If anyone has any ideas, help is appreciated.

goosmurf2
Paper Tape
Views: 23,511
Message 12 of 15

I have a ThinkPad W520 and ran into a similar issue.

Firstly, the ThinkPad has a BIOS option that toggles power to the USB ports based on system power state so you may want to check that.

Within Windows, I found I had to do two things; for each USB hub, I ticked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", AND I had to go through every keyboard & mouse device an un-tick "Allow this device to wake the computer".

It seems Windows 7 is smart enough to maintain power to the USB hubs as long as there is a device connected that is allowed to wake from sleep.  I should also mention that this is despite having "USB selective suspend setting" DISABLED.  All very confusing but doing all of the above has made my USB ports power down in sleep/standby mode.

Mibars
Punch Card
Views: 23,102
Message 13 of 15

Thanks a lot! After disabling waking up for keyboard and mouses it does turn off when suspended to RAM and I can leave my "fake Thinklight" plugged all the time Smiley Happy

Oh, why there is no Thinklight on tablets...
Bonovski
Punch Card
Views: 18,839
Message 14 of 15

Any new ideas?

Got a Z710 and no matter what, the USB ports stay powered.

lhitchus
What's DOS?
Views: 8,339
Message 15 of 15

Re: How can I disable usb power?

What?     my question was " how can i disable power to the USB2 Port" port is on the daughter connector for sound,card reader and USB2. power is on while thumb drive is plugged in, but will not read?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors