Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-07-2013

Georgia

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 5

How do you set Dolby Home Theater v4 to be on at startup?

2013-03-07, 23:52 PM

I recently bought a y480 with Windows 8 but this probably applies to any laptop with Dolby Home Theater v4.

My Dolby Home Theater loads at startup like it's supposed to but always in the off position.  I'll turn it on and restart my computer and when everything finishes loading, Dolby is set to off.  I like using it so it's a real pain to have to manually turn it on each time.  Does anyone know a hack to tell it to load turned on at startup?  Thanks!

Answer
Options

4 Posts

03-07-2013

Georgia

3 Signins

28 Page Views

Re: How do you set Dolby Home Theater v4 to be on at startup?

2013-03-08, 21:43 PM

Thanks for the info ishaan.

My problem isn't that it's not loading.  I loads at startup.  The problem is that when it loads, it loads in the off position (gray).  In order for me to get the benefit of the sound enhancement, I have to go to my task bar and manually turn it on (right click on the gray icon and choose 'Turn On') See below:

off.jpg

When dolby loads up, it's gray.  I have to right click and choose turn on in order to get the sound quality.

turn on.jpg

This is annoying and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to load in the on position by default.  I turn it on, restart, and it's off again.

Thanks!!

Replies(4)
Options

3385 Posts

06-27-2012

India

5396 Signins

57737 Page Views

• Views: 57737
  • Message 2 of 5

2013-03-08, 16:48 PM

Hi pandorica42

Welcome to the forums

Generally, it should load after every startup.

Could you open msconfig(Press win key+r and type msconfig) then go to startup tab. You should see dolby home theatre in the list like this  swds.PNGI have realtek so that is why it isnt showing. Please ensure if it is checked if it isn't, that would very well indicate why it wasn't starting at startup/ If it still doesn't start, you can try re-installing the drivers once from here

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&DocID=HT073632  or here

http://support1.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Driverdownload.aspx?SearchType=1&LogicType=0&MachineId=10181&IsSeachOne=true&IsBackPage=false&ptype=2&typename=IdeaPad+Y480&from=select (use google chrome only)

Hope this helps

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Answer
Options

4 Posts

03-07-2013

Georgia

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2013-03-08, 21:43 PM

Thanks for the info ishaan.

My problem isn't that it's not loading.  I loads at startup.  The problem is that when it loads, it loads in the off position (gray).  In order for me to get the benefit of the sound enhancement, I have to go to my task bar and manually turn it on (right click on the gray icon and choose 'Turn On') See below:

off.jpg

When dolby loads up, it's gray.  I have to right click and choose turn on in order to get the sound quality.

turn on.jpg

This is annoying and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to load in the on position by default.  I turn it on, restart, and it's off again.

Thanks!!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

03-07-2013

Georgia

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2013-03-09, 15:57 PM

Hello!

I found the solution.  I didn't realize it had already been answered on the forums back in December.  For anyone with the same problem, the answer is so simple you'll kick yourself when you hear it!

The Dolby tool is tied to the one-touch theater key.  I thought the key only managed video.  Never occured to me that it affected audio as well.  When the theater key is set to normal, it turns dolby off.  When it's set to movie, dolby is set to movie, etc.  

I had always had the theater key set to normal and, because of that, no dolby at startup.

Options

7 Posts

09-10-2013

Paris, France

8 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 5 of 5

2013-09-10, 10:07 AM
hi, thanks alot for giving the answer that to this problem ,it was very annoying!.
i also would like to add something; make sure that other users on the computer are set to anything but "normal" also, because if a user logs in with "normal" it affects your Dolby status as well!

best regards.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms