Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

How to deleting hidden partition?

Ok people, before blurting out things I already tried, please actually read the post first.

First, to state the issue:

I had a copy of win 7 pro, and wanted my own hard drive partitioning, so I DELETED ALL PARTITIONS visible (including the 30 GB recovery partition), and installed a fresh copy of windows on a 75 GB partition. As a consequence, a 100 MB partition was also created, which is a bit annoything, but NOT THE PROBLEM.

Recently, when I tried to install linux on one of the other partitions, I discovered the actual issue: While windows allows only 4 primary partitions, there are all occupied: there is

Partition 2 the 100MB, ok

Partition 3 the 75 GB drive where all the system files are

Partition 4 where all other partitions are jammed into

The problem is that there is also

PARTITION 1, of 1 MB, that does NOT SHOW UP IN DISK MANAGEMENT (I found it in DISKPART), CANNOT BE DELETED with:

delete partition override, with error message Virtural Disk Service error: The operation is not supported by the object. The specified command or parameters are not supported on this system

I need a primary partition to install ubuntu (, and does not want this stupid useless partition. What is this 1 MB partition and how do I remove it?

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: How to deleting hidden partition?

it happens during the windows installation if you make mistake on partitioning the volumes.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_diskconcepts_10.m...

i had a similar issue couple of months ago and i had to re-format and re-install the operation system.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com