cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 913
Message 11 of 17

Re: How to enable the bluetooth after disabling it.

Hi random68934,

I was asking about bios because i read somewhere that the model 470/470 fn + f6 and could not be used to turn off the touchpad. But it can be fixed with new bios and synaptics driver. Therefore i was thinking whether you may want to try the bios update.

Anyway, i do not have Y series here with me but i have a U550. When bluetooth turned off, device manager wont show the bluetooth compoonent. Even if i used the option to "show hidden devices", bluetooth just doesn't appear.

However, this bluetooth will show up in device manager as soon as i enabled bluetooth by Fn+F5.

My suggestion is to install

• Lenovo Energy Management in order to have the hotkey(fn..) works. The Lenovo Energy Management has a package to enable hotkeys.
  • Bluetooth driver
  • wifi card driver

Why wifi card driver? Reason being when i hit Fn+F5, the message box which allow me to enable/disable bluetooth has an option to enable/disbale wifi too. The title of this message box is wifi settings. Therefore i think it's better to try wifi card driver as well.

Hope this helps.

- Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
random68934
Blue Screen Again
Views: 900
Message 12 of 17

No I could not activate bluetooth because I disabled it. I never installed any drivers. This is what I need to know. I need to basically reinstall the driver. When i try it says it cannot find the bluetooth device.

kiixx
Punch Card
Views: 894
Message 13 of 17

First of all, have you unistalled the Lenovo Energy management ? as that could cause the FN+F5 not to work, only normal other thing that most users encounter is this switch shown here

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFfMPJRSjv8kTeEToC0pH6zUyjkjYyhJrJYLTtRfK6En5M8sKZ 

They turn it to the LEFT, being turned off, that way all wireless devices are disabled, please try wickle it left and right 1 or 2 times, leaving it in the RIGHT position ( just as in the photo ) and then press and hold FN key while pressing down the F5 key, that should bring up a program called "Lenovo wireless device settings" and there in the middle you should have Bluetooth,  and it should then say OFF in the middle ( under current status ) and ON in the right side, click that likke green dot in the right next to the word ON, and Bluetooth should now be turned on.

Hope this help, please let us know.

I love helping people, support engineer.
random68934
Blue Screen Again
Views: 882
Message 14 of 17

I tried the fn+f5 after enabling lenovo energy management. I did not uninstall it. I disabled it from starting up. I tried fn + f5 and was able to turn on bluetooth. Thanks to all of you for your help. I really appreciate it.

random68934
Blue Screen Again
Views: 880
Message 15 of 17

I actually have one more problem. I was able turn bluetooth "on" after enabling Lenovo Energy Management but now I still cannot access bluetooth settings. I think this is because I uninstalled the driver when I was trying to see if reinstalling works. Now I am  trying to install the driver and it says "please plug in or turn on you bluetooth device." Do you guys know what to do about this?

random68934
Blue Screen Again
Views: 878
Message 16 of 17

Bluetooth also does not show up in control panel and is not recognized as a device in device manager.

random68934
Blue Screen Again
Views: 873
Message 17 of 17

Nevermind. Out of nowhere somthing installed the bluetooth driver and the device is working normally. Once again thanks to all of you for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors