cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farooq
Paper Tape
Views: 6,581
Message 1 of 2

How to properly remove AC adapter from laptop (unplugging it)

Hello, I was wondering what is the proper procedure for unplugging the laptop.

Are you allowed to simply remove the AC adapter from the AC adapter jack, or must you first unplug the adapter from the wall and then remove the AC adpater jack(laptop) connection. 

Also, should the computer be turned off if one would like to remove the adapter connection, or can it be done while the laptop is still running. 

I know these questions are quite basic, but It would put my mind at ease if they were answered. Thanks.

Retired Partner
Views: 6,550
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to properly remove AC adapter from laptop (unplugging it)

Hello Farooq,

It will not make any difference if you remove the power adapter from the notebook directly.

However, if we will go back to our basic time, it is always guided to switch off the power then remove the power cable,

I will suggest if it is possible for you to switch off the power then remove the adapter from notebook is well.

It is not necessary to turn off the notebook to remove the power adapter.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors