How do I get access to remove the keyboard on a Y510 or Y530 model IdeaPad? I know they are mechanically very similar.
Unplug laptop and remove battery.
1) With small screwdriver inserted between F2 and F3 keys, gently pry up plate above keyboard.
2) Starting at left side of plate, carefully unsnap it.
3) Do not disconnect or disturb the 2 cables under the right hand side.
4) Set the plate out of the way above keyboard.
5) Starting at sides, unsnap keyboard from top. I use a guitar pick to get it started.
6) Lift up keyboard from top end, and set it down toward lcd panel.
7) Carefully move the two small side latches for the ribbon cable upward toward the lcd.
8) Remove the ribbon cable and keyboard.
9) Install is the reverse.
Photo credits and proceedures - Duck3
how can we improve it?
Select Your Product
Lenovo is committed to environmental leadership from operations to product design and recycling solutions.
See our Sustainability Report.