06-10-2013 11:30 PM
Help! How do I turn on the Num Lock by default in Win 7? I purchased my Z500 a week ago and this has been bugging me ever since. Seems like the option is not available in BIOS. Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-11-2013 03:20 PM
Try the following registry trick:
1. Press Winkey+R > type regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard
3. Create a New String Value and name it as InitialKeyboardIndicators then set the value to 2.
4. Navigate to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard and repeat step 3.
5. Turn the numlock key ON and reboot
The numlock key should be enabled on the Windows login screen every reboot.
It's recommended to backup the registry first before making any changes.
This is Tested on a Lenovo Y570 running Windows 7
Hope this helps