cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrou
What's DOS?
Views: 812
Message 1 of 5

I can't chnge my Lenovo laptop Z40-70 BIOS settings. What i do work?

I try to change my Lenovo laptop Z40-70 BIOS settings but after save and exiting change is discarded. I tried many ways to reset and update the BIOS, but unfortunately none of them isn't work. Even I open back cover to look up for CMOS battery but can't find it.

Help me please, Thanks.

almunajib
What's DOS?
Views: 776
Message 2 of 5

Re: I can't chnge my Lenovo laptop Z40-70 BIOS settings. What i do work?

hi,

i have a same problem since yesterday. I also can not save everything in bios. It always back to the same setting if i change and save. I hope i get the solution soon as possible.

fcobosp
Paper Tape
Views: 627
Message 3 of 5

I have been looking for a solution and nobody say anything... did you solve the problem?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 620
Message 4 of 5

@fcobosp wrote:

I have been looking for a solution and nobody say anything... did you solve the problem?

There was a bug in Ubuntu that corrupted either the BIOS or the UEFI boot partition (I am not sure which).  If you have installed Ubuntu in the past, that is probably the cause of your problem.

The current Ubuntu builds have corrected this problem, but recovering from the error introduced by the previous Ubuntu build is tricky.  I suggest that you browse the Ubuntu forums to find the correct procedure for fixing this problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

fcobosp
Paper Tape
Views: 614
Message 5 of 5

Thanks a lot... I just read the other references that you mentioned with the problem and I started to fix it, but it is really tricky as you said and I don't really sure to do it by my own. To be honest, previosly I tried to install Ubuntu, but finally I didn't. I think that is the cause of the problem. Now, I was planning yo install MacOS, that is the reason that I found the problem... but I don't really sure if I just keep my laptop as it is or take the risk.

Thanks again and it was really helpful.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors