Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamYap
Punch Card
Views: 715
Message 1 of 7

I can't right click on some of my images or pictures

It seems some of my photos i was unable to right click .Everytime i right on a certain photo ,it will immediately just crash and restarted to the desktop again .That was once it came out an error but i didn't get a look at it ,it says explorer.exe something.Reply asap  >< .Thank You 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 701
Message 2 of 7

Re: I can't right click on some of my images or pictures

hi SamYap,

It's possible that the cause of the right-click crash is a software that isn't correctly identified via the context menu.

Try the following:

Step 1. Boot into Safe Mode and observe if the windows explorer still crashes.

- if no, perform a clean boot and observe it in normal mode

- if yes, go to Step 2

Step 2. Download and run ShellExView

Step 3. On the ShellExView Window, click on the "Type" field to show the Context Menu and disable non-microsoft items like Mcafee and some other softwares that might have added itself on the list and observe.

Link to picture

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SamYap
Punch Card
Views: 681
Message 3 of 7

Hey thanks for replying but unfortunately when i run safe mode it still crash .For the step 3 i can't really tell which of the following items is self-added ,can you help?I m not really good at this things Smiley Sad sorry
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 667
Message 4 of 7

hi SamYap,

Ideally, you should disable first the non-microsoft context menus (you can identify these by looking at the product name/company field and reboot the PC. From here, try to observe if the crash still occurs. If not, try enabling the context menu's  that you disabled one by one until you find the one that's causing the crash.

Link to picture

You may also like see How To Speed Up The Windows Right Click Context Menu for more info.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

SamYap
Punch Card
Views: 657
Message 5 of 7

Sir ,i want just want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH Smiley Very Happy
Step 3 works .But i still haven't find the problem .So every time i enable a content menu should i reboot the computer ?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 633
Message 6 of 7

hi SamYap,

Good to know that the fix works for you. Enabling/Disabling the context menu settings takes effect immediately (a restart is required if the changes didn't take effect).

You will need to enable the context menu one by one to find the program that's causing the right click crash. If you find it (i.e. Mcafee), you will need to uninstall the application and  re-install it back to re-integrate itself in the OS.

Regards

SamYap
Punch Card
Views: 621
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for helping Smiley Happy.Really appreciate it

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors