Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ev_da_bacon
Paper Tape
Views: 86,699
Message 1 of 4

I can't use the trackpad and type at the same time.

I have a:              Lenovo Ideapad y510p

With:                    Windows 8

My problem:       I can't type and move my mouse (trackpad, touchpad, whatever) at the same time.  This means i have to use a USB mouse to play most videogames.  I've found lots of answers online but none of them have worked for me.  It seems that my system must have a different way to solve this. Please help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 86,634
Message 2 of 4

Re: I can't use the trackpad and type at the same time.

hi Ev_da_bacon,

Welcome to the Forums.

Your issue might be similar to this thread.

If your PC came with a Synaptics Touchpad, try to:

1. Go to the Control Panel (large icon view) then > click Mouse > Device Settings tab > Settings. Under the Synaptics Settings, go to Pointing > Sensitivity > Palmcheck and set the palm sensitivity to minimum and test the game.

- Link to picture

If you have an ELAN touchpad, try to:

2. Adjust the PalmTracking option under Additional Tab on the ELAN Smart Pad settings to the minimum and observe.

- Link to picture

If the problem remains, consider removing the Touchpad driver under Control Panel (large icon view) > Programs and reboot. Windows will now use the generic Touchpad driver. Try the game and observe.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

moaza
What's DOS?
Views: 86,014
Message 3 of 4

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 with Windows 8.1

I go to control panel(I don't know what large icon means) and I don't ee anything labled mouse. Please help me

0hadez0
What's DOS?
Views: 4,149
Message 4 of 4

Hi I have a lenovo ideapad 330 but when I'm playing games i can seem to use the arrow key or any buttton on my keyboard at the same time as my (mouse ,touchpad not sure which one it's called). Pls help me

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors