Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TobySLN
Punch Card
Views: 431
Message 1 of 1

I think my harddrive died

I'm not really sure what happened, but I'm fairly sure my hard drive is now dead.

I was using firefox reading some article when firefox froze, I figured it was just being screwy, but I was tired so I took a nap and thought it would hopefully be working again when I woke up. When I woke up it hadn't done anything so I turned it off (holding the power button). When I turned it on, it seemed normal until it got just passed the loading screen, then it just showed a black screen and didn't do anything. I restarted it and it did the same thing, then I tried pressing random buttons to make it do something. It eventually got passed the screen when I pressed the orange button to left of the volume control (the one that makes the touch buttons change).

Once I actually got to my desktop it displayed a bunch of different error messages, all of them saying something is corrupt. It said itunes and a few other things were corrupt. So now it isn't displaying the glass-like windows feature, also it no longer will do the "fancy" 3d animation to change between windows.

I was going to run the lenovo system toolbox (I know its for thinkpads) but when I tried to open it it also said it was corrupt.

Any help would be nice.

Message Edited by TobySLN on 12-10-2008 05:40 PM
Ideapad Y530, P8400 @ 2.26 GHz 320 gb HDD, 4 gb RAM, nVidea 9500M 512mb VRAM.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors