Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
esteffenb
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,248
Message 1 of 2

IDEAPAD Z500 WIFI ADAPTER BIOS WHITELIST

So I learned that Lenovo does not let you do sh*#& with the notebook you buy from them.

my problem is as follows: my z500 came with a broadcom wifi card. this is no good, because it is not compatible with intels wireless display. solution would be installing a intel centrino card, the n2230 in particular, for which lenovo even offers drivers on the z500 support page. i bought one of these adapters on ebay, installed it and then my laptop produced an error: this card is invalid, remove it, otherwise the laptop will not boot. bios checks the wifi adapter against a whitelist. if the adapter is not on the list, the machine does not boot. what makes it really bad is that you cant buy a regular intel centrino n2230. you have to get one branded from lenovo. 

can anyone tell me where i can get a lenovo branded n2230 wifi adapter? calling lenovo didn't help. they just said: can only sell you what was installed in your laptop when you bought it. 

has anyone sucessfully removed or augmented the z500s bios whitelist?

has anyone sucessfully rebranded an intel wifi card, so bios recognizes it as one on the whitelist? 

any help is greatly appreciated. 

karmel3
Paper Tape
Views: 3,340
Message 2 of 2

Z500 BIOS Whitelist removal

Hi everyone!

I have installed Mac OS on my Lenovo Z500, and the original Intel Wifi Card is not supported by Mac.
So, i have changed my card to Broadcom BCM94322HM8L and when i boot my notebook i seen the card is unsuported by my bios...
And there is my request to You, can someone remove the white list from lenovo z500 BIOS, and upload the flashable bios here?

// Sorry for my bad english... ;/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors