Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpeters83
Paper Tape
Views: 12,203
Message 21 of 180

Re: IdeaPad FAQ

Anyone know the answer to why wireless randomly drops out? Mine is dropping randomly too, even in 5ghz mode. Thanks!
Message Edited by rpeters83 on 10-18-2008 12:40 PM
arixavier
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 12,198
Message 22 of 180

Doesn't happen to my system, using latest Hardy Gnome and KDE...

What you use to get online? What OS you are using? 

On another subject, has anyone been able to get splashy working with Lilo properly? Can folks post their LILO.CONF settings so I can compare?

Thank you!

Message Edited by arixavier on 10-18-2008 09:51 AM
sparklystar
Paper Tape
Views: 11,784
Message 23 of 180

I have a problem. After I had installed the Windows Vista on my laptop Y430 Ideapad, I could not install the ethernet controller using the Vista Driver CD going with the laptop. I also searched on lenovo.com but there was not any item named Ethernet Controller. Anybody has experience about this ?
Message Edited by sparklystar on 10-21-2008 12:32 PM
arixavier
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 11,765
Message 24 of 180

Make sure you have SP3 installed... I don't have your model but I was only able to setup my Y710 under XP once I had SP3...

Have you seen this link:

http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y430-Notebook-Broadcom-NetXtreme-Gigabit-Ethernet-...

From another post on the Lenovo forums:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=ideaPad&thread.id=3827

- you need to install some critical updates before the audio and modem drivers will work. (i also got the 'modem installation failed!' message before installing the critical updates) i installed sp3 and it worked, but if you don't want to install sp3, look in the extracted folder (C:\drivers\conexant audio) for a text file called 'readme' and it'll tell you which specific update you need to install (KBXXXX).

-for some reason the broadcom ethernet driver for xp listed under y430 is mislabeled and is the same as the conexant modem, so it won't work for the ethernet controller. in order to get this to work, try searching for 'broadcom netxtreme gigabit ethernet driver' - i downloaded one from the lenovo site but not sure which model it was hiding under. the one i ended up using was about 50mb and not 18mb as listed, but it worked.

Maybe the above will help you...

sparklystar
Paper Tape
Views: 11,757
Message 25 of 180

I have done. But it's doesn't work
soonermandan
What's DOS?
Views: 11,687
Message 26 of 180

Which models of the Y730 series have number pads and which have the gaming configuration? I've looked all over the sight and only found that "some models have the gaming center". I'm specifically looking for a model with the number pad.
arixavier
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 11,665
Message 27 of 180

One Plus with the Game Zone models is that allows you to overclock your CPU with a switch, quite cool... USB num pads are cheap...
Lenovo Employee Myles_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 11,638
Message 28 of 180

soonermandan wrote:
Which models of the Y730 series have number pads and which have the gaming configuration? I've looked all over the sight and only found that "some models have the gaming center". I'm specifically looking for a model with the number pad.

The blue models of the IdeaPad Y730 are not gaming models. These models come with the numeric keypad.

The orange models of the IdeaPad Y730 are the gaming models. These models come withthe Lenovo Game Zone instead of the numeric keypad.

sotrain
What's DOS?
Views: 11,631
Message 29 of 180

Hi, does Y430 have a built-in bluetooth? I saw the bluetooth icon in control panel, but when I clicked on Bluetooth setting, it gave me no respond at all, and it didnt detect any of my bluetooth cell phone. Do you know how to turn it on or it needs the adapter? I bought it from Circuitcity for $580 which I thought was a good deal. Thanks.
cntse2008
SCSI Port
Views: 11,558
Message 30 of 180

Is there any info on a bios update to allow an option for the boot jingle on the y730?  I've been searching this site since I got mine yesterday and have come up with nothing.  Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors