Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shovenose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,942
Message 1 of 9

IdeaPad P400 Windows 7 Problems

Just spoke to Lenovo support about it. She was very helpful but unable to assist me. Wanted to sell me recovery media for a ridiculous $60.

Anyway,

I have some issues with this computer after downgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit from Windows 8.

1. Brightness controls don't work. At full brightness, using the slider on WIndows 7 or the physical brightness up/down on the keyboard does nothing. Thankfully it's not stuck at minimum brightness, however it's gonna burn my eyes out when I use the computer at night lol.

2. The Dolby Home Theater v4 program that came with it, I can't find a place to download it. Remote support attempted to install OneKey Theater (not sure what that has to do with anything?) but it won't even run. Here's the thing I want: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/technology/pc/dolby-home-theater-v4.html

3. Ugh the mouse on this computer sucks. Never had such a bad touchpad before, but it seems even worse under Windows 7. Yes, the laptop has a touchscreen but that's not always useful.

Any way to fix this would be appreciated. This is my 4th Lenovo laptop (previous one, still have it in fact in some ways liked it much better than this new one, was a Lenovo IdeaPad V570). Before that I had a Lenovo ThinkPad T61, and before that (when it was IBM), I had an IBM ThinkPad X31... Anyway, if these problems continue my next laptop will NOT be a Lenovo... and I'll stop recommending them. I've sent tons of people to buy Lenovo laptops (I work at a computer store, so a lot of people do ask me)...

shovenose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,931
Message 2 of 9

Re: IdeaPad P400 Windows 7 Problems

Quick update. Issue #2 has been resolved. Even though i thought I had already done it, looks like I hadn't installed Realtek audio drivers and Lenovo Energy Management. I now have the Dolby application.
Problem #1 is still a problem. When I press the keys to increase or decrease brightness the Lenovo OSD shows that my brithness is almost all up except for two bars. However it won't actually go up or down.
shovenose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,925
Message 3 of 9

Uh oh, another problem I found (#4): Whenever I unplug or plug in power (so basically everytime I switch from battery->power and back from power->battery the screen goes black (fully black) for about a second and comes back. EXTREMELY annoying!
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,910
Message 4 of 9

Hi
Installing the intel grapgics driver from the lenovo site would solve the problem #1. Download the driver from below
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032856
And problem #4 should get fixed by this. If it doesn't, this happens because of change in power plans. The power plan while on battery is different than that on charger. You can keep the same power plan in both so that it doesn't happen.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
shovenose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,899
Message 5 of 9

Hi, I believe I've already downloaded and installed that driver. Any other suggestions? Especially regarding the stuck brightness.

shovenose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,850
Message 6 of 9

So, any help? Or am I stuck with this piece of **bleep** that won't let me change brightness unless I restart my computer?

shovenose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,816
Message 7 of 9

No care from Lenovo? This is my last Lenovo product. Shame, I needed a couple more laptops for my company as well as considering some Lenovo servers in the future. But never again, unless this is resolved.

fle
What's DOS?
Views: 1,744
Message 8 of 9

go to lenovo and download the driver for your specifi computer. i had a techhie do this and it INSTANTLY WORKED. otherwise, i'd return the **bleep** thing
shovenose
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,742
Message 9 of 9

Which driver?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors