Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlagese
Paper Tape
Views: 15,338
Message 11 of 40

Re: IdeaPad P500 screen went dim

I had  the same problem .

I called IBM. support and they were able to easly fix this issue with just a simple download of a update from the lenovo.support website and it also had something to do with intel.

jlagese
Paper Tape
Views: 15,337
Message 12 of 40

Does anyone know of a way to replace the outer body of the P500 laptop?
albolch
What's DOS?
Views: 15,162
Message 13 of 40

I have also had the exact same problem and wish Lenovo would find a way to put out some sort of update to fix it! This issue has been driving me crazy, and I can't fix the problem!

It started a few weeks ago, and when I found this forum I tried the F12/restart idea to no avail. Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics card, which worked- twice. However, I have tried this method again today, and it won't fix my issue.

This problem is driving me nuts, and my laptop is a meager month out of warranty. What other options do I have, to fix this problem for good??

divinethrapy5
What's DOS?
Views: 15,146
Message 14 of 40

I got a new lenovo ideapad for X mas this year and have ben struggling with this issue for a second time after returning my first lenovo. I like many others, kept doing the F11 & F12 brightness button restart dance also, and then this stopped working.After much research and trials...... Here is the fix! hope this helps. I found it on howtogeek.com. hope you can understand my instructions.

http://www.howtogeek.com/107173/disable-windows-8s-adaptive-brightness-to-fix-dark-screen-problems/

I too faced the same problem. It’s under 'Adaptive Brightness'. Area

1) R click on your  battery icon , 2) choose  “adjust screen brightness”, 3) next to “Balanced recommended” button on right side (which is checked)  click “change plan settings, 4) then on lower right of this screen click “change advanced power settings” 5) then from this drop down box choose “display” then drop down to "enable adaptive brightness" and click “off” for both the battery and plugged in options. Hit “apply” then o k at bottom of box.

gpa2042
What's DOS?
Views: 14,804
Message 15 of 40

It really really works, but we should be aware to increase the brightness till our comfort. If you don't care and Push Fn+F12 key for a while screen may too bright than your comfort. Thanks a lot for the solution.

gpa2042
What's DOS?
Views: 14,804
Message 16 of 40

Did you try to restart again and Hold F11 button. I hope it decreases the brightness but be sure to release key when brightness reaches to your comfort level.

jz1127
What's DOS?
Views: 14,356
Message 17 of 40

Hey thanks!  Worked like a charm!  I really appreciate that you took the time to post the fix!

johnlake
What's DOS?
Views: 14,051
Message 18 of 40

My P500 did the same thing. 

Upgraded to 8.1 from factory install.  Was noticing that battery was getting used up even with power setting to blanced and realized it was stuck on full bright.  Lowered brightness and it got stuck there - no matter what.

Rebooted while holding dowm the Brightness +/F12 key and it restored.  I then went to Device Manager and selected the Video driver properties and selected upgrade.  A whole new Intel interface arrived.

On reboot it was bright but still did not go up and down using controls.  I then went into the registry find the FeatureTestControl key and changed the entry value 0000f048 and rebooted.  Worked perfectly.

J

LMK
What's DOS?
Views: 12,951
Message 19 of 40

Thank you so much for this tip. I am certainly not tech-savvy and after BB told me they'd charge $130 to re-install a driver, I sought to fix this problem on my own.  I've spent all morning re-installing drivers and no luck.  Just read this forum and saw your post.  Now, after a few weeks of dealing with this dang dim screen, voila! I appreciate it so much.

lkohler
What's DOS?
Views: 12,675
Message 20 of 40

I have no idea how or why your steps worked, but they did, and my eyes are so much happier! Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors