Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanOakes1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,166
Message 31 of 40

Re: IdeaPad P500 screen went dim

This is the easiest and fastest way to fix this issue, 4 minutes and done. Follow this link on youtube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKQuW46gCfQ

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,046
Message 32 of 40
Moved:

MOTO E3

petrox
Paper Tape
Views: 1,752
Message 33 of 40

I have the dimness problem after pushing the F11 or F12 key on my laptop. No setting adjustment would work. The display adapter being used is the Intel HD 4000. Drove me a little crazy trying to fix it because of the screen being so dim.

Here is a solution that worked for me > go to control panel > device manager > display adapter > double click the adapter that is showing to open the properties window > click the driver tab > click update driver > click browse my computer for driver software > click let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > select the Microsoft basic display adapter > follow the prompts to implement this driver.  This fix has worked twice. After doing an update, the Intel driver somehow got reinstalled and worked ok until I hit the F11 or F12. 

LenovoP500
What's DOS?
Views: 1,602
Message 34 of 40

It was easily found on the internet as blogs.

Lenovo should keep on posting this necessary information for easy support.

Thank you once again.

To those who doubt the solution really works.

Evert

Irme
Paper Tape
Views: 1,115
Message 35 of 40

PLEASE HELP.  The first time my screen went dim (and a couple of times afterwards), we managed to fix it by clicking the F-12 key at the moment of starting the laptop, great!  Next time didn't work, so I followed instructions on updating the drivers, great!  NOW, nothing works, the drivers are updated, the F-12 doesn't work.  I finally followed the suggestion on turning off the Adaptive Brightness, but no, it didn't help.  I have Windows 8.  PLEASE HELP!  It's really difficult to work like this.  Oh, just to add infirmation, it happened right after I closed the lid after working in a dark environment.  Next time I opened the lid, it was dim.  Any other suggestion? Please?

gregMcFly
What's DOS?
Views: 965
Message 36 of 40

Only solution for me was BOT FROM BIOS not from UEFI. Then on the system start F12. Changed from win 8 to LINUX MINT. GOD I CAN SEE NOW!!! Brightness control still doesnot work under mint ..... E Its my sista lap Smiley Wink
shyaluora
What's DOS?
Views: 806
Message 37 of 40

This totally fixed it. I have been trying to fix this issue for a month!! Not going to mess with my screen brightness again.  Such an easy fix though for real! Thank you so much.

ever44
What's DOS?
Views: 567
Message 38 of 40

Hi folks!

I had the same problem - the display of my Z500 was dim and i couldn't adjust the brightness.

It worked only on boot up with F11/F12. BUT the screen still wasn't as bright as always.

So i used the solution on page one, editing my registry and it worked! Thanks you very much!!

Know my problem is, that my external monitor got dimmer - just like display of the laptop before...

Any suggestion?

mackyboy11
What's DOS?
Views: 557
Message 39 of 40

This solution worked for me too on my ideapad Z400 Touch screen dim issue... Thank you very much!!!
hk17
What's DOS?
Views: 432
Message 40 of 40

For me, the F12 button solution did not work. This solution did, but it didn't take effect until after I rebooted.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors