cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steglor
Paper Tape
Views: 5,615
Message 1 of 5

IdeaPad Touchpad issue with auto-clicking/auto-selecting when moving mouse cursor

Have had Y410p for years without this issue. Now when I move the mouse cursor across the screen, it auto clicks/auto selects (without me tapping or clicking) and then release automatically as well. It will do this continuously as I keep moving the mouse cursor with the Touchpad.

This is super annoying and causes multiple issues with my ability do most things on my Lenovo laptop. The two biggest problems are: click buttons which I do not intend and selecting/moving icons & screens which I do not intend. And it makes it nearly impossible to use the laptop for gaming.

I have downloaded and reinstalled the Touchpad ELAN driver (version 11.4.17.1 for my O/S Windows 8). I have gone through Mouse Properities setting and ELAN Smart-Pad settings. I have disabled Tapping, but does not make a difference. I have set Sensitivity to max Low and then max High, but does not make a difference.

Any ideas on how to solve this particularly annoying Touchpad issue? Help please! Thanks.

touchpad issue.jpg

Triplec
Punch Card
Views: 5,574
Message 2 of 5

Re: IdeaPad Touchpad issue with auto-clicking/auto-selecting when moving mouse cursor

Disable TAPPING in the Synaptic control panel.

See the screen shot via the Device settings tab and properties. TAPPING is unchecked - a useless feature and a easy way to wreck and operating system and/or loose files. Its far too easy to tap drag and drop a folder or worst without realizing it until its too late. If its a system fie/folder you likely won't boot the next time or you kill an application.

I have been diabling this on notebooks for decades. DEADLY feature.

tapping.jpg

z70-80
I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Window 8.1 64bit
FHD 17.3 inch Display, Nvidia G840 w/2GB memory
Steglor
Paper Tape
Views: 5,552
Message 3 of 5

Re: IdeaPad Touchpad issue with auto-clicking/auto-selecting when moving mouse cursor

Thanks for the suggestion.    However  I have already tried disabling Tapping in the ELAN Smart-Pad settings (mentioned it in my original post).   And that did not resolve this annoying problem.    Any other ideas?  Anyone?

Triplec
Punch Card
Views: 5,549
Message 4 of 5

Then its impossible to tap the pad to select anything or bottons and links.

You have some other problem if thats the case. All I can say is double check the settings. Call Tech support as thats what they're suppose to be there for. This is an end user form not address by employees as an alternative to calling.

z70-80
I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Window 8.1 64bit
FHD 17.3 inch Display, Nvidia G840 w/2GB memory
FarhaS
What's DOS?
Views: 1,426
Message 5 of 5

Any solution for this issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors