cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 7,499

Question

I have IdeaPad Y430 and my camera is no longer working.  I  have the easy capture software installed in my laptop but if I try to open it,  it says the camera initialization failed - Easy capture will close now.

If I press Fn and esc key it says camera is not yet installed. I have not installed the veriface software - is that causing this problem ?

Answer

Most likely, the symptoms described above are occuring because the device drivers for the camera have not been installed. 

1) Press fn + esc to activate the camera ( otherwise you'll be prompted as there's no camera driver to install ) and install driver for it. ( windows 7 32 bit -  vista 32 bit - vista 64 bit ).  Reboot - hopefully the camera now functions.

if not...

2) Try toggling the camera again. Deactivate the camera by pressing fn+esc, and then activate it by pressing fn+esc again.   If it still doesn't work, something may be corrupt or not installed properly.

3) Un-install both camera drivers and the easy capture application. Restart the computer.  First install the camera drivers appropriate for the OS above.Then install the easy capture software. Reboot and try the camera again.

If it still doesn't work, you may need to contact service

Was this information helpful?

Comments
Kirsti

Hi, every time time I try to open my easy capture I get a message saying " easy capture has stopped working windows is searching for a solution" then It closes down. It has yet to find a solution and I was wondering would anyone know how I can fix this problem? I find it strange because the camera works fine when I turn on my laptop for veriFace but for skype it wont function? Any suggestions ?