Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwright27
Paper Tape
Views: 198
Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad Y510P Keyboard Issue

Good morning everyone, 

I have had my IdeaPad Y510P for about 2 years now. What I have noticed recently, especialy since upgrading to Windows 10, is that my keyboard will stop working after the laptop has been in sleep/hibernate mode for a while. The problem resolves itself with a reboot, but this thing reboots a lot slower than I'd like, which is why I keep it in sleep/hibernate. 

I have checked the Filter Keys, as recommended in other threads, and they are turned off already. Not sure if it's a driver issue or not, I tried to update them but Windows told me my drivers are already up to date. 

Thank you!

dwright27
Paper Tape
Views: 147
Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaPad Y510P Keyboard Issue

It's been a few months, and I'm still having this issue. It happens sporadically; it's not something I can reproduce on purpose. If someone could *please* direct me to an answer, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Guru
Views: 142
Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaPad Y510P Keyboard Issue

Cannot comment on this specific issue as there is no Windows 10 support for Y510p from Lenovo. Basically, if this is a power settings or BIOS issue, you will not receive any update.

Why dont you just put it to switch off the screen but not go to sleep/hibernate. If you are traveling with it, then use shutdown. I have a Y510p but I dont travel much and I kept it on Win 8.1 as I was quite sure similar problems would arise on mine.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors