Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

08-08-2008

New York, United States

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Y550 Motherboard is damaged

2010-12-24, 16:19 PM

Hi all,

I have a Y550 and it was having trouble starting up. After disassembling it I found that the problem was that there are two battery-looking components called "MIC1" and "MIC4" that have a "+" and a "-" next to them. This makes me think that they're capacitors, but I've never seen a capacitor that looks like these and they are on the other side of the board from the rest of the normal-looking capacitors.

The motherboard also has a dead USB port. Honestly, because of the problems it was having prior I am also quite sure that the CMOS battery is just drained. So, what are those two capacitor things? MIC1 and MIC4?

Finally, where can I get a new board? I've looked over ebay and Google shopping but I haven't spotted the board for a Y550. I'm thinking those two capacitors are impossible to find so I'll just have to get a new board.

Options

11 Posts

08-08-2008

New York, United States

8 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Y550 Motherboard is damaged

2010-12-24, 16:53 PM

As an update:

The two "capacitors" are indeed capacitors. I think they're called trimmer capacitors. There is a picture of them (approximately) on the following link in Diagram 10

Capacitor

Still, I have no idea where to get these little guys. If I could replace these two capacitors AND the CR1220 battery then I'd bet the board would work.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms