Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redemblem101
Paper Tape
Views: 1,306
Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Y550 Motherboard is damaged

Hi all,

I have a Y550 and it was having trouble starting up. After disassembling it I found that the problem was that there are two battery-looking components called "MIC1" and "MIC4" that have a "+" and a "-" next to them. This makes me think that they're capacitors, but I've never seen a capacitor that looks like these and they are on the other side of the board from the rest of the normal-looking capacitors.

The motherboard also has a dead USB port. Honestly, because of the problems it was having prior I am also quite sure that the CMOS battery is just drained. So, what are those two capacitor things? MIC1 and MIC4?

Finally, where can I get a new board? I've looked over ebay and Google shopping but I haven't spotted the board for a Y550. I'm thinking those two capacitors are impossible to find so I'll just have to get a new board.

redemblem101
Paper Tape
Views: 1,267
Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Y550 Motherboard is damaged

As an update:

The two "capacitors" are indeed capacitors. I think they're called trimmer capacitors. There is a picture of them (approximately) on the following link in Diagram 10

Capacitor

Still, I have no idea where to get these little guys. If I could replace these two capacitors AND the CR1220 battery then I'd bet the board would work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors