Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
livlogik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,374
Message 1 of 24

IdeaPad Y560 no sound :(

hey everyone i know its probably been brought up before and im sorry if it has ive tried to search and get it fixed but i am running out of options.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 running Windows 7. i belive after my windows updated the sound just stopped. my speakers and my headphones both dont work.

i tried reinstalling the drivers and dont know what to do anymore ive tried 5 times. im wondering if any of you guys know what it could be and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Zach

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,362
Message 2 of 24

Re: IdeaPad Y560 no sound :(

tried one key recovery

try uninstalling the sound driver and then see if sound is coming through the default windows  driver

'

trying reinstallng the one key theatre and lenovo energy management software could also may work

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
livlogik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,344
Message 3 of 24

I'll try it thanks. Usually when uninstall the driver I have no option to turn up the volume like that was the only driver I have and I don't have a windows driver. Also where would I install the one key theatre and energy management.

Thanks for your response,

Zach
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,323
Message 4 of 24

hello again

there is sound even if the dev manager does not show any driver for sound in win 7 you would be able control its level through the sound option in the left side of the taskbar(opsite the start menu button) also doing a system restore to the point when the windows updated could be a good option.

download one key theatre here

download power management here

also rach, do you get a message when you just log into windows

regards 

Ishaan

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
livlogik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,312
Message 5 of 24

ok i tried all of it and its still not working. i even reloaded windows 7 fully.

i dont know what it could be but i cant hear any noise from the speakers and i cant hear anything when i plug in head phones either Smiley Sad

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,302
Message 6 of 24

for now, i am sure that it is a hardware problem and contacting lenovo could be the best solution if you are under warranty

Smiley Sad

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,299
Message 7 of 24

@livlogik wrote:

hey everyone i know its probably been brought up before and im sorry if it has ive tried to search and get it fixed but i am running out of options.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 running Windows 7. i belive after my windows updated the sound just stopped. my speakers and my headphones both dont work.

i tried reinstalling the drivers and dont know what to do anymore ive tried 5 times. im wondering if any of you guys know what it could be and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Zach

İf you have tried restoring  your system,with system restore

and that didnT work,as you say,

was the system  restore done successfully?

Did you get a message,to that effect?

İs not,please repeat the process,

İf yes, and you have updated the appropriate  drivers

with no success,

then you can try the following.

Un-install the drivers,reboot,then re-install or roll them back.

İf no joy either,then please do as bellow.

As you say,the problem appeared after the recent Windows updates were installed.

One of the updates is the likely problem,

so,you need to un-install each recent update one AT A TİME,

then reboot

and see if problem is solved.

Do that with each one,rebooting every time and checking if problem still exists.

When after an update is uinstalled,and the problem disappears,

make a note of the update

and go back and install ALL others( except the faulty one.

İF problem is NOT solved after all that,

then you'll need to backup your data,

and restore to factory settings.

(Unless of course you have a backup you made with OKR ?

Or a system image of the entire system ?)

Please remember that this action,will wipe your disk clean

in other works,everything will be deleted and pc will be as

the day you bought it.

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,296
Message 8 of 24

@livlogik wrote:

i even reloaded windows 7 fully.

Please explain what exactly did you do ?

and how?

livlogik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,290
Message 9 of 24

I reloaded windows 7 and wiped the whole hard drive and before I installed any windows updates I trued it and the speakers still didn't work, then I installed drivers and that didn't work and then I did the windows updates and still nothing Smiley Sad.

If I never did a backup would there be a way to revert to factory settings to see if it is indeed a hardware problem. I just don't seehow both the speakers and audio jack are not working.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,286
Message 10 of 24

<p>what do you mean by wiping your whole hard drive? did you delete the reserved OEM partition to? if yes then you will not be able to reset your laptop to factory default by yourself but if u didnt,then press the key with a arrow which is above the powerbutton and do system recovery to initial backu

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors