Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmurphy
What's DOS?
Views: 482
Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad Y570 - Hardware support under SUN Solaris 10

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Y570 operating with Sun Solaris 10 OS.

I see there is no driver support for Solaris 10 under the Y570, so i am reluctant to purchase.

Any experiences to share, or confirmation that the Y570 hardware is compatible with Solaris 10?

Thanks.

Col.

Retired Partner
Views: 457
Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad Y570 - Hardware support under SUN Solaris 10

Hello Cmurphy,

You may try the Oracle tool which helps in checking the system if it can support Oracle Sun Solaris 10

The tool can be access from the mentioned below web link.

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/hcl/hcts/device_detect.html

However, there are no drivers available for Sun Solaris Operating System on website. Usually the drivers are installed by the Sun Solaris itself.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 452
Message 3 of 4

Hi cmurphy,

Have you considered virtualization?  I'm running Solaris and OpenSolaris on my T400.  I used to do bare-metal multiboot setups, but with modern hardware a VM client runs quite well.

If you can't run Solaris on the bare metal (chipset drivers, network drivers, Graphics, etc) VMWare player or one of the other VM solutions might be an option.

I don't know for sure that the Y570 has a VT option in BIOS.  Maybe someone who has one will chime in.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

zitnikp
Token Ring
Views: 447
Message 4 of 4

If VT is Virtualization Technology(or something like that) by intel, then yes, y570 has it in bios.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors