cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheesum
Punch Card
Views: 621
Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad Y580 - Windows 8 - Enhanced Experience, Rapid boot, Boot Shield for Windows 8???

Hi , 

Good day, 

I would like to ask for your advice on this matter. 

I am seriously considering to purchase a Lenovo Idea Pad Y580 which comes preinstalled with Windows 8. 

The full product name is: 

Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 (59349463)

However, this laptop is shipped with Windows 8 (NOT Windows 7). Hence, please advice whether Lenovo Enhanced Experience + rapid boot technology + boot shield will be incorporated into this laptop (for Windows 8)?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 616
Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad Y580 - Windows 8 - Enhanced Experience, Rapid boot, Boot Shield for Windows 8???

All of these softwares would come preinstalled on windows 8 with any lenovo laptop implying that you have a msata ssd with a capacity more than 16 gb installed on your laptop.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
cheesum
Punch Card
Views: 611
Message 3 of 4

Re: IdeaPad Y580 - Windows 8 - Enhanced Experience, Rapid boot, Boot Shield for Windows 8???

Thanks for the quick reply. However, when i checked in the product catalog, there is no SSD. Only Hard Disk Drive.

Other forumers opined that since Windows 8 is already quite lean in its performance, hence Lenovo is not extending the enhanced performance package - Rapid Boot, Boot Shield for Windows 8.

It is really confusing...
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 606
Message 4 of 4

As there is no msata ssd, rapid boot, boot sheild etc wont be there for sure.
For ee 3 i found some links
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-CES-2012/Enhanced-Experience-3-0-Interview-with-John-Mese-from-Le...
http://www.partnerinfo.lenovo.com/partners/us/resources/windows8.shtml
I hope things have become mote clearer for you.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors