cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cathency
Paper Tape
Views: 881
Message 1 of 5

IdeaPad Y580, how to switch off my built-in CAMERA?

I bought the laptop during 2013 New Year period, but when I received this machine, I found that I couldn't switch off my camera. For some Y series, by pressing Fn and Esc, camera can be switched off, but this situation doesn't apply to my notebook, because when I press Fn+Esc, nothing happens.

At the beginning, I thought that all Y580 models couldn't switch off their camera, while when I saw my classmates' Y580 (they come from China or Japan and bought their Y580 in China or Japan) , I changed my view. Because their Y580 can switch off built-in CAMERA by pressing Fn+Esc!!!!!!

So, now, how to switch off my built-in CAMERA?

My notebook's warranty infomation is as follow: 

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 870
Message 2 of 5

Re: IdeaPad Y580, how to switch off my built-in CAMERA?

Hi
Firstly, FYI warranty is not required for this so you might remove that information from your post.
Addressing your problem, may i know which os you are using?
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
cathency
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 3 of 5

ok, I'm new here, and now the image has been removed. Smiley Embarassed

The OS that I'M using is Windows 8 X64, and the OS was pre-installed in my notebook. Thanks for your concernSmiley LOL

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 838
Message 4 of 5

Hi
I suggest you should try installing the lenovo power manager of window 7. This has been a common problem for windows 8 users. The temporary solution you should try is installing the windows 7 power manager till the bug gets fixed
Download from below
http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cagt24ww.exe
Hope the hotkey works after installing it.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
cathency
Paper Tape
Views: 816
Message 5 of 5

hi, I  tried your advice, by installing the lenovo power manager of window 7. However, that didn't function either.

I still can't switch off my camera by pressing Fn and Esc, and now I doubt that Lenovo has cancelded the way to switch off the camera, which is so puzzling.

Thanks very much for your advice, though.Smiley Tongue

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors