Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riinagar
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Z41 wifi adapter problem

I bought my z41 ideapad in october. Thus far it has been working okay, until recently, when the wifi adapter started acting up - somehow it turns off or something so that when I go less than 20m from the router, there is either barely any signal, or it says there are no networks to connect to. However when I go through the troubleshooter, it resets the adapter and then finds the connection and connects to it, showing about 3-4 bars of signal. Every 5-10 minutes or so, though, the connection is canceled and it wants me to reconnect, even though automatic connection is enabled for the network. 

Sometimes the troubleshooter  gives the "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" error, but the proxy server thing is not even enabled on my laptop. 

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? 

Guru
Views: 139
Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Z41 wifi adapter problem

Seems like a defective adapter or a driver is needed. Refer to this page to download the WiFi drivers. If that doesn't work, contact Lenovo support. http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Z-Series-laptops/z41-70?linkTra...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors