Options

1 Posts

03-23-2014

South Africa

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Z500 attempting to auto repair error!

2014-03-23, 1:51 AM

I need urgent help. 

The other day i was surfing the net and initially my wifi adapter froze and then lost connection with the router and couldnt reconnect and then i was experiencing lag while scrolling so i assumed there was a problem with explorer.exe but when i tried to open task manager nothing would open and then my laptop turned off.

When i turned it back on it said preparing automatic repair and then atemmpting repairs and this went on for about a day to no avail. 

I then turned the laptop off and tried the one key recovery and attempted a system recover as i really do not mind if i lose all of my info!

But it requires me to reinstall Windows 8 but i no longer have my installation disk.

on top of it all my screen is very dim compared to usual and the battery life is terrible and when i plug it in to charge for the first 10-15 minutes the orange LED flashes, could there possibly be a problem with the connection to the battery? 

Its difficult to visually tell because the battery is not placed externally.

Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Z500 attempting to auto repair error!

2014-03-23, 14:06 PM

I'd like to know the following regarding your problem:

"...I then turned the laptop off and tried the one key recovery and attempted a system recover as i really do not mind if i lose all of my info! But it requires me to reinstall Windows 8 but i no longer have my installation disk..."

Answer: Can you take a snapshot of the message requiring you to reinstall windows? Did you made a okr backup when you first received your unit?

"...my screen is very dim compared to usual and the battery life is terrible and when i plug it in to charge for the first 10-15 minutes the orange LED flashes, could there possibly be a problem with the connection to the battery?"

Answer: How do you use the unit normally? Is it using the battery or ac?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save