Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skidoo_j
What's DOS?
Views: 6,159
Message 1 of 14

IdeaPad Z510 States power supply to weak

Purcahsed a IdeaPad Z510 a week ago direct from lenovo.   After a fresh reboot everytime it's on A/C power and i go to the desktop I recieve a dialog message telling me the power supply is insufficient and needs to be upgraded.   I can either close the window or click buy and it takes me to the lenovo website.   

I think lenovo should be sending me a new power supply or computer.   I am trying to contact them directly too, but it seems I have to pay to talk to someone with a brand new computer???? 

skidoo_j
What's DOS?
Views: 6,092
Message 2 of 14

Re: IdeaPad Z510 States power supply to weak

Screen shot of the dialog I'm receiving.   The laptop is charging to 100%Untitled.png

Adapter has Limited Support:

Performance will be affected if the power adapter cannot provide enough charge.  Buy

davejm53
Paper Tape
Views: 6,047
Message 3 of 14

I have the same issue. Tech support had no answer for me. I too feel they should get me the right power supply.

skidoo_j
What's DOS?
Views: 6,041
Message 4 of 14

they had no clue when I spoke with them either.   I'm calling again tomorrow and if they don't have a response I will file a claim against them with amazon payments.  

davejm53
Paper Tape
Views: 6,038
Message 5 of 14

My battery does charge, and I get about 3 hours 50 minutes of life, but it takes almost 3 hours to get that charge while it is plugged in and off.
cjh00o
What's DOS?
Views: 6,018
Message 6 of 14

I think it's just a software glitch. I was getting the same message, and uninstalled the Lenovo power management utility. The computer seems to be working fine, and I'm using the Windows power management settings

davejm53
Paper Tape
Views: 6,014
Message 7 of 14

I'm thinking that also. I don't notice any large power saving or consumption going on right now. I'd be curious what kind of battery life you are getting off a full charge. Mine is almost at 4 hours. Useing the Energy manager right now, I don't get any difference in battery life regardless of the settings I pick.

mtedde
Paper Tape
Views: 6,000
Message 8 of 14

Hi all,

I had the same problem and I received a replacemnent power supply. No change, the error message is still there. Do you have win 8.1 or win8? I do not remember if I had the error even before upgrading to win 8.1

I removed the energy manager and installed another version (from http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS037680), not for Z510. 

All works ok and there is no error message. Probably they just need to update the energy manager for win 8.1 for the Z510

l2cusmi
What's DOS?
Views: 5,951
Message 9 of 14

Would you please provide step-by-step instructions how to uninstall the Lenovo power management utility and install the Windows power management settings.  Thanks.

rohit1998
What's DOS?
Views: 3,020
Message 10 of 14

i also purchased idea pad Z510...

i am very annoyed with this message telling me adapter has limitd support and i have to purchase a new adpater..

thts very stupid ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors