Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viksaa
Paper Tape
Views: 4,242
Message 1 of 12

IdeaPad Z570 sound problems

Hi everyone, here it is what's all about:

I bought my IdeaPad Z570 3 days ago and I'm experiencing some strange sound problems. From time to time, randomly usually when playing youtube clips, sound gets distorted, kind of freezes and gets "flanging' effect, or what might be simply described as having some kind of noise. It lasts 1-5 seconds, and it's pretty annoying.

I think I'm not the only one with this problem (http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Z570-sound-problem-quot-noise-quot/td-p/525...

Additionally SRS software doesn't work, i.e.. Doesn't even load.

I've tried the standard uninstall-install solutions, any ideas?

To me it seems that this is a manufacturer bug to some of the laptops, and that's bad Lenovo, that's bad.

Retired Guru
Views: 4,220
Message 2 of 12

Re: IdeaPad Z570 sound problems

Your supplied link does not work.

Newer machine, maybe a bios update will come along,
if it is not a driver problem.
Viksaa
Paper Tape
Views: 4,217
Message 3 of 12

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Z570-sound-problem-quot-noise-quot/td-p/525... 

I guess now it works. I'm open to suggestions on what to do, because I really don't want to return the laptop (it's great machine overall), but this sound thing is a deal breaker.

The last idea that I have- install Ubuntu and see if the sound problems persist.

ahanna23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,197
Message 4 of 12

I'm having this exact same problem. I can still return it to the vendor, but if it seems like it's a problem within the software of the device, I'm expecting Lenovo to release a new driver soon. I also really like the computer and would hate to go through the hassle of returning it and reinstalling everything and re-backing up.

Have you tried downloading the driver for the HD audio? I tried it and it didn't really make a difference.

Viksaa
Paper Tape
Views: 4,179
Message 5 of 12

What I'm going to do is reinstall Win7 and install Ubuntu, start over again and see what happens.

The last resort is using my warranty.

I'll let you know the results as soon as I'm done. If I don't have problems running on Ubuntu, that means that probably is a software issue/Win7 drivers, if not...

ahanna23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,160
Message 6 of 12

Any word on how that worked out?

Viksaa
Paper Tape
Views: 4,157
Message 7 of 12

News of hope!

This is what I did- formatted whole HDD, installed Windows (Ubuntu also, but having some issues with it) and all lenovo-provided drivers without the audio ones- the Onekey Theater 2 (or smt like that), doesn't work that way, but everything else is perfect. I've been doing tests and l haven't experienced any of the sound bugs that I've described.

I hope the clear sound is here to stay Smiley Happy

Give it a try, and let me know. I hope everything turns out fine.

ahanna23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,147
Message 8 of 12

What do you mean you formatted the whole HDD? So what do you suggest I do, re install Windows 7? If so, how do I go about doing that? I'm clearly not as good as you are with computers so help a noob-brotha out Smiley Very Happy I'm glad everything worked out good for you tho!

Viksaa
Paper Tape
Views: 4,087
Message 9 of 12

Yup, whole HDD.

You got a lot youtube videos and tutorials on how to do that, it's not complicated. If you want to learn how to do it I encourage you to google/youtube a bit and remember that the most important thing befor you format the HDD is to make sure that you transfer all the data on external HDD or USB memory or bunch of DVDs.

If you don't want to do it, get someone to do it for you. Smiley Happy

ahanna23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,065
Message 10 of 12

Do you think I can use OneKey recovery? or must I save all of my info on a USB/CD considering I don't have an external HD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hbeUwk3s6c I am going to try to follow this video as soon as I hear back from anybody on here haha. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors