Did you mean: 
TheJs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,208
Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad Z710 no Network Card?

Hi Lenovo community, I am looking to buy a IdeaPad z710. Referring to:
http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z710/

Under the 'Models' tab, it says the higher end IdeaPad Z710 (with i7-4710MQ) has no Network Card, while the lower end  IdeaPad Z710 (with i5-4210U) has the entry "Network card: Lenovo BGN Wireless"

Does this mean the higher end Z710 does not have a network card, or is it just a website error?

I was thinking of emailing lenovo help, but I figured posting in lenovo forums would be more directed, faster, and addressing a community who already has the knowledge required. Thanks for your help

Bolimomo
Punch Card
Views: 1,198
Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad Z710 no Network Card?

= = = = =

TheJs wrote:

Under the 'Models' tab, it says the higher end IdeaPad Z710 (with i7-4710MQ) has no Network Card, while the lower end  IdeaPad Z710 (with i5-4210U) has the entry "Network card: Lenovo BGN Wireless"

Does this mean the higher end Z710 does not have a network card, or is it just a website error?

= = = = =

I don't know what the meant by "network card".  I don't exactly know if Lenono has a "base" model for Z710 or you can custom configure anything you want to order it (e.g. processor, memory, SSD vs HD, etc..).

I bought mine (Z710 with i7-4710MQ)  from Fry's Electronics, USA.  Right from the factory.  Details here:

http://www.frys.com/product/8120885?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

With my laptop, the RJ45 socket is on the left side of the laptop. Plug in the hardwire RJ45 cord, run to the home router, it works.  It also has a built-in wifi.  Have the proper driver loaded in Windows 7, the wifi works.  My Z710 came with Windows 8.1 but I just opted to remove that disk and plugged in my own SSD and have Windows 7 installed on it.  Everything seems to work okay as long as you have installed the right drivers.

The only complaint I have (so far) is the Z710 thumbpad works a little weird in Windows 7.  In Windows 8.1 it works great because it is sized for swiping and all the iphone/tablet kind of user interaction.  

TheJs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,187
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, I am not too sure what having no Network card means, I was afraid it meant it somehow had no ethernet port and/or no wifi.

But since you said it has wifi, I assume there is an ethernet port too?

Bolimomo
Punch Card
Views: 1,180
Message 4 of 4

Yes.  The Ethernet port is RJ45 socket.   It is the socket type for 10BaseT, 100BaseT, Gigibit Ethernet.  It is the on the left side of the laptop.   

Here is a picture of it.  Label "RJ45 100M LAN port":

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1996555596_3/Lenovo-Z710-59421369-.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors