cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelpNeeder
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,944
Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad z570 - Windows 8 - touch pad short cuts above my keyboard doesn't work.

When I purchased my laptop it came with Windows 7 preinstalled and the buttons above my keyboard worked.

There are 5 buttons, mute, volume up, volume down, one key theatre button, and CPU cooling policy button.

After fresh installation of Windows 8 only 3 buttons work, vol up/down and mute, other 2 don't do anything. But they work differently than they use to from Windows 7, they seem to use generic software for this purpose.

After I installed Windows 8 version of power management I can notice that the buttons still don't work. (only 3 from fresh system reinstall).

Then I installed OneKey theater for Windows 7 version so my OneKey theater works like it did. Still, I am using generic version of vol up/down/mute software.

Now, How to make them all work like they did when I got my laptop? Meaning that vol mute/up/down use lenovo's software, onekey theater with win 8 compatibility, and finally, change cooling policy of my laptop button??

I downloaded all Windows 8 drivers available  from downloads and installed them, but no button works as they did.

Please help.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,893
Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaPad z570 - Windows 8 - touch pad short cuts above my keyboard doesn't work.

@HelpNeeder wrote:

When I purchased my laptop it came with Windows 7 preinstalled and the buttons above my keyboard worked.

There are 5 buttons, mute, volume up, volume down, one key theatre button, and CPU cooling policy button.

After fresh installation of Windows 8 only 3 buttons work, vol up/down and mute, other 2 don't do anything. But they work differently than they use to from Windows 7, they seem to use generic software for this purpose.

After I installed Windows 8 version of power management I can notice that the buttons still don't work. (only 3 from fresh system reinstall).

Then I installed OneKey theater for Windows 7 version so my OneKey theater works like it did. Still, I am using generic version of vol up/down/mute software.

Now, How to make them all work like they did when I got my laptop? Meaning that vol mute/up/down use lenovo's software, onekey theater with win 8 compatibility, and finally, change cooling policy of my laptop button??

I downloaded all Windows 8 drivers available  from downloads and installed them, but no button works as they did.

Please help.

HI 

Actually for the touch buttons you will need to use the energy management for windows 7 as the one for windows 8 is not stable. Download from below.

For touchpad use these drivers.

Energy management   http://driverdl.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/DriverFilesUploadFloder/33567/Z570_Win7_EM.exe

touchpad     http://driverdl.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/DriverFilesUploadFloder/35759/WIN8_Touchpad.exe

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
7Vishal7
What's DOS?
Views: 1,160
Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaPad z570 - Windows 8 - touch pad short cuts above my keyboard doesn't work.

When I purchased my laptop the buttons above my keyboard worked.

But after 1 year they are working but not showing a small pop up box or small window

Function keys are also not showing small window

Please HELP

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors