Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsyring
What's DOS?
Views: 642
Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad z580: New Battery Won't Charge, Fast Flashing Orange LED

I recently bought a new battery on Amazon for my IdeaPad z580.  It's a Lenovo branded battery, not a cheap generic one. 

When I plug the battery into the laptop, it shows 69% charge, but indicates "Not Charging" even when the laptop is plugged in.  I also notice that on the front of the machnine, the battery LED fast flashes an orange color.

If I use the older battery, it charges fine and no orange LED.

Bad battery or I have I missed something?

Heisendinger
Paper Tape
Views: 558
Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad z580: New Battery Won't Charge, Fast Flashing Orange LED

What happens when you remove the battery and try to run off the charger alone? What are the capacities and voltages of both the new battery and the one you're replacing?
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 534
Message 3 of 4

Hi rsyring,

The flashing orange battery would indicate the ff :
  Blinking amber: (500ms off/1s on)
    The remaining power of the battery is less than 5% of its capacity.
  Blinking amber: (100ms off/3.2s on)
    The battery is being charged with the remaining power between 5% and 20% of its capacity.
  Amber:
    The computer is operating on battery power with the remaining power between 5% and 20% of its capacity.
  Blinking white:
    The battery is being charged with the remaining power between 20% and 80% of its capacity.
  White:
    The remaining power of the battery is more than 80% of its capacity, or the computer is operating on battery power with the remaining power between 20% and 80% of its capacity.

If the system is not charging, you want to check if conservation mode is enabled in Lenovo Settings or One Key Optimizer, under battery and power.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
kdub45
Paper Tape
Views: 428
Message 4 of 4

Hi jamdy17, 

I am experiencing the same issue as the OP above. I have an IdeaPad z580. The battery stopped taking a charge and discharged. I purchased a new battery through Lenovo 3rd party site. Installed new battery and charged with laptop off for 24 hours. I used my laptop yesterday with no issues, today I come to work and laptop is in sleep mode, upon waking it up the battery starts discharging. Will not charge, got critically low and shut off. Conservation mode is NOT on, I have it set to high performance. I also do NOT have Onekey optimizer installed. 

I've tried battery out, A/C adapter plugged in,  un-installing/re-installing the ACPI drivers under battery in device manager then putting battery back in with no luck.

I've also un-installed Lenovo power manager and re-installed it with no luck. 

Any other suggestions here? I've browsed everywhere and no one seems to have any solutions other than those mentioned above. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors