Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vladkondrashov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 314
Message 1 of 13

IdeaPad z580 Problems with adjusting the brightness of Win7 x64

After updating the BIOS to the last (for correct operation with 16 Gb of RAM). There were problems with the fan speed control button, and the brightness setting.

Button still open app but not adjust speed.
The brightness is set by FN + up / down normally, however the display of the brightness status bar does not occur correctly.

Full fill of status bar corresponds to 20% of brightness. photo attached.

I updated all the drivers,
Changed the registry
Visited a bunch of forums,
I did not find a solution for Vin7 x64!

Can you help me?

vladkondrashov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 267
Message 2 of 13

Re: IdeaPad z580 Problems with adjusting the brightness of Win7 x64

I reinstall driver for intel HD graphics to 8.15.10.2712 NOW fan speed control button work ok.
Brightness status bar still does not occur correctly...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 262
Message 3 of 13

Hi vladkondrashov,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

We recommend that you download and install the Intel Graphics Driver that is posted on our support website. This is to ensure that the driver that you're using is tested on the laptop. Please download the driver using the link below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/IDEAPAD-Z-SERIES-LAPTOPS/IDEAPAD-Z5...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

vladkondrashov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 245
Message 4 of 13

Hi JanGab!
No, it did not help, and the fan does not switch modes.
I also tried the latest drivers from the Intel web site.
Brightness is adjusted very slowly, from minimum to maximum one i have to wait 40-50 seconds holding Fn + up.
However, the fan works.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 241
Message 5 of 13

Can you try adjusting the brightness through power options? if same issue, roll back the display driver.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

vladkondrashov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 238
Message 6 of 13

Hi

With some drivers, yes, with some drivers, no.
I tried more than 15 different versions.
The best thing I could do was normal adjust of the fan speed and adjust the brightness quickly (20 gradations), but the brightness status bar does not work in any versions.

vladkondrashov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 235
Message 7 of 13

I can not roll back the driver, I updated the BIOS to the last for 16 GB of RAM worked. After that, the drivers for both video cards flew. Those drivers that I downloaded from the site lenovo did not work normally, as well as those that are in the recovery section on the hard disk.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 221
Message 8 of 13

At this point, what I can recommend is to perform a System Restore on your laptop. If you have a restore point try to select a specific date where you think the brightness is working fine. This will help us isolate the issue if it has any driver conflict.

vladkondrashov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 206
Message 9 of 13

No, it did not help!

Maybe you know, what I can dig some thing in the system registry?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 205
Message 10 of 13

The last option that we can suggest that you can try is to reinstall the OS on your laptop. You've mentioned on your initial post that you've already changed the registry. If you created a backup on the registry you may try to use it to revert back the changes that you've made. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors