Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smlunatick
Punch Card
Views: 508
Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad z710 PowerDVD 10

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad z710 running the current Windwos 8.1,  It has a Blu-ray drive and PowerDVD 10.  I have found the update for PowerDVD 10, with the help of this fourm.  However, I now have the PowerDVD 10 stating that the display adapter is not is not Blu-ray compatible.  It then suggested to test with Cyberlink Blu-ray Disc & 3D advisor.  This utility definately says the video card is not compatible.

The z710 has an Intel / nVidia GT 745M dual video card.  How can I get Blu-ray movies to play??

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 491
Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad z710 PowerDVD 10

hi smlunatick,

I don't have a Z710 unit here for testing but can you consider using one of the following softwares to play Blu-ray:

DAplayer

POT Player

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

smlunatick
Punch Card
Views: 480
Message 3 of 4

Neither of these seems to work,  They just "hang" and freeze up.

Why can't I get PowerDVD 10 to work?  What it not included in the price of hte IdeaPad z710?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 469
Message 4 of 4

@smlunatick wrote:

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad z710 running the current Windwos 8.1,  It has a Blu-ray drive and PowerDVD 10.  I have found the update for PowerDVD 10, with the help of this fourm.  However, I now have the PowerDVD 10 stating that the display adapter is not is not Blu-ray compatible.  It then suggested to test with Cyberlink Blu-ray Disc & 3D advisor.  This utility definately says the video card is not compatible.

The z710 has an Intel / nVidia GT 745M dual video card.  How can I get Blu-ray movies to play??

Aside from what has been suggested try restoring to a date where you have not yet updated the program. Check if you can play Bluray. If yes, don't update the program. Communicate with Cynerlink regarding the problem created due to the update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors