Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeartTea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 237
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 305 - Cracking sound in speaker

I have a ideapad 305-15iby laptop for a month now and i have noticed a cracking sound when i play a video.

It only lasts for a few seconds and sometimes it doesnt even happen at all.

Also when i increase the volume of the laptop the cracking sound can be hearded. This aswell doesnt happen all the time.

I dont know if this is a proplem i should be worried about and if  i should return it to the shop for repairPlease help if you can.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 203
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 305 - Cracking sound in speaker

Hi HeartTea,     

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are looking for audio in your Lenovo 305-15IBY laptop.

As you have mentioned about the crackling sound, does this issue occurs only when playing video or does this issue occurs while only playing songs?

Also connect an external earphone and check if the issue persist.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

HeartTea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 187
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 305 - Cracking sound in speaker

thank you for your reply and  it does occur when playing videos and songs also when using earphones

i have tired reinstalling the sound drivers but the noise is still there so I have decieded to send it back for repairs

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors