Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kebarke1
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 1 of 1

Ideapad P400 Touchpad not working

My laptop stopped working and I have started troubleshooting it today and have hit roadblock after roadblock trying to figure out what could be wrong. 

When i turn the power on the power button turns on and the LEDS on the indicator bar at the bottom turn on but the screen turns off. I have tried to hard reset. I have removed the battery also to hard reset. Also has not worked. Tried connecting to the AC adapter after testing the AC adapted itself which is still measuring at 20V and the screen will flash white for a second when its plugged in without the battery.

I checked the heat sink to make sure it was working and it si working fine. When I removed the fan though the thermal paste underneath was less than minimal and it fealt greasy. I don't think my CPU would have burnt up though because though becasue my system should have responded and triggered to shutdown.

Everything is plugged in appropriately. All my memory is appropriately placed and nothing traumatic has happened to this laptop. Has not been dropped, stepped on, nothing. 

I'm concerned maybe my motherboard shorted out but I feel liked that would be a little extreme. Do you have other suggestions for troubleshooting?

I'm leaving it on the charger overnight before I mess with it again tomorrow! Thanks!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors