Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSUCD
Paper Tape
Views: 593
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad Y 580 boot hanging at Lenovo logo then black screen

My ideapad Y 580 would not unsleep so I turned it off at the power button. When I turned it on again it boots to Lenovo logo then spinning dots then Lenovo logo with text Preparing automatic repair then spinning dots then black screen. It never gets to a Windows screen. I have gone into bios and changed uefi to legacy with no change in boot up. Also tried system recovery in bios which also went to black screen.  How can I get ideapad to boot up windows 10? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 563
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad Y 580 boot hanging at Lenovo logo then black screen

Hi RSUCD,

Welcome to our community forums.

Could you try to do a power drain by removing all connected devices (AC adapter, USB flash drive, etc.), shut it down and hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds. Turn it back on after a few minutes and observe. Also, could you send us a photo to the exact error you're getting when your screen goes to blue screen so we can take a closer look? Are you getting the black screen as soon as you turn the laptop on?

Looking forward to your response.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
RSUCD
Paper Tape
Views: 556
Message 3 of 5

I did the power drain-no change. The boot up starts normal. The Lenovo logo comes up, then spinning dots underneath the logo , then the Lenovo logo comes up again. Underneath the logo are the words : Preparing automatic repair, then spinning dots above the text, then black screen. Nothing happens after it goes to the black screen. The photo shows the logo with the words Preparing automatic repair.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 546
Message 4 of 5

Hi RSUCD! 

Thanks for provided the photo it seems that there's a corrupted system files on your laptop that is why it goes to this bootloop error. Let's try to perform a System Restore on the laptop just follow the steps in the link below.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501548

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

RSUCD
Paper Tape
Views: 531
Message 5 of 5

The good news is that after purging the power from the laptop and only using battery power and starting and stopping the boot process multiple times it loaded Windows. Unfortunately I am not able to do anything in the system protection screen as the fields are grayed out and it does not show any drives.  It does appear that some files are corrupted as the main search screen is also not working properly. When I try to type in text it disappears after a few letters and the search box reappears with no text.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors