Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lomonoxop25
Paper Tape
Views: 722
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Y450 IR

Hello everybody, I have just bought Y450 for 2 months. And I have some questions: 1.My laptop has an IR built-in device. i've searched through google and there are several idea about it. And my question here is:”Can I use it to control my TV or my TV remote can control my laptop?”. Someone tell me that I should use girder, winlirc,...etc...anyone try that? And someone said that it'll not work until I edit inf file to make windows reconige IrDA port as IR port.....i really confused..So many idea!..any suggestion? 2.I live in VietNam and my Y450 is bought as freedos laptop. So it doesn't come with “lenovo onekey system resuce” but it has “lenovo onkey recovery”. So, where can I download “lenovo oneykey system resuce” in order to use novo button? Any help is highly appreciated. Thank a lot.
Retired Guru
Views: 657
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Y450 IR

1) IR port will only react on remotes. By default it works only with Lenovo remotes wit no options to tune itself. You can try getting some tunable remotes to tune them because IR port is not tunable.

2) If you didn't have hidden partition by default then you'll not be able to create one from zero state.

Your only option in that case is creating recovery DVD's by OKR 6 that can be downloaded on support webside.

//help will save the world

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors