I have noticed an effect best described as dancining pixels on my Lenovo IdeaPad Y560p. I have tried different operating systems [Win7, XP, Ubuntu, and Fedora], all with correct drivers installed [Ones off support.lenovo.com for Windows, Catalyst drivers from ATI for Linux] and still have the same issues after doing all updates/etc...
What could be causing the dancing pixels?
A new BIOS, version 21 has been released for the IdeaPad Y460p and Y560p systems to address the dancing pixel symptoms. Please install this BIOS and ensure drivers and Catalyst control center are to the latest levels provided on the Lenovo support site.
This package updates the basic input/output system (BIOS) on IdeaPad Y460PY560P.
BIOS, abbreviation of Basic Input /¯Output System, is integrated in ROM chip on main board, which contains the basic input/output program, system configuration information, system startup self-check and pre-setup programs. BIOS provides most basic low-level hardware operations; it is the connection between software and hardware, and interfacing window of hardware and operating system.
Note: Make note of any settings you have changed in the BIOS Configuration Utility. These settings may have to be re-entered after updating the BIOS.
Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the BIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.
Print this file so that you can refer to it during the installation.
Downloading the package
1. Click the file link to download the file from the web page.
2. When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
Installing the package in Windows.
1. Locate the file 3FCN21WW.exe that has been downloaded.
2. Double click the 3FCN21WW.exe icon.
3. Click install
4. Click flash bios
5. Press Enter to start flashing. During the process, you are advised not to turn off the computer.
6. When the update finishes, the computer will automatically reboot for the changes to take effect.
Latest Version BIOS fixed the pixel dancing issue.
Summary of changes